Partnership Principle #5 – Finding the Best Answer
“The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the answer.” Thomas Watson
- Finding the right answer requires having the right question.
- Our method of finding the right answer first of all originates with respect, everything we do relates to respect for each other and other.
- Don’t get stuck on the ‘That’s how we’ve always done it syndrome.’ Hopefully that kind of mentality was removed from your organization’s DNA early on.
- Formulate your questions with clarity, on topic, and when you have completed asking the question just SHUT UP and listen.
- One of the critical components of truly executing this principle is to let go of ego.
- In my estimation, it’s more important to ask the right questions than it is to have all the answers.
- Questions allow you to assess the situation.
- Without listening respectfully, you will not get the answers that will allow you to make the decisions which create alignment.